We just launched our kickstarter campaign. Click here to check it out! If you’re like us and want your kids to have more Christian apps that teach them about God, please consider making a pledge! Join people like Jeremy Lin, Francis Chan, Craig Groeschel, Dave Gibbons and many more and become a Mannanite!
Our little project is starting to come together! As always, thanks for your awesome support and prayers!! We are so encouraged by your words of…uh…encouragement! Er, let’s get to the highlights.
- Praise God! We have an editor! He’s working his magic to make our terrible acting look respectable
- First animations are in! Here’s a sneak preview (password: mannanite). A little context – this is part of a tongue in cheek section where we talk about why we’re doing what we’re doing – because our kid’s minds are slowly being overtaken by the mindless apps they are consuming!
- We’re continuing to get those videos in! If you haven’t sent yours in, please send it in by Wednesday night!!
- We’ve officially submitted our Noah’s Weather app for appstore review!
- Wrapping up drawings
- Wrapping up editing
- Submitting! We’re going to submit our project for review by next Monday! Pray for smooth approval from kickstarter. Once we’re live we will need all of you to help get the word out!
Your continued prayers and support are very much appreciated! Specific areas we could use your prayers this week are:
- If you have a moment, please do pray for us. It definitely feels like the more progress we make, the more challenges Satan throws our way, from getting sick, to gout attacks to leaky roofs and more! The team could really use your prayers!
- Pray for God’s timing in everything. Once again we’re scrambling to make sure everything falls in place, and praise God things have been! Join us in praying for His continued blessing on this and that we stay focused on his leading, not our own!!
Once again, we are so grateful for your prayers and support.
Team Deep Fried Manna
One widespread modern identification (according to the infallible Wikipedia) is that manna was actually crystalized honeydew from scale insects. Yum. Just look at that picture. Now look at it again. It just screams “Dinner time!!” (somehow, I don’t think crystalized honeydew from scale insects would work for our logo).
I wanted to send out a quick update on the status of our Kickstarter campaign and keep you guys in the loop. We are so grateful for yourprayers, support and encouragement! This will be the first of what I hope to be weekly updates throughout the prep and launch of our kickstarter campaign.
- We spent a couple long days last week taping the video for the campaign. We are now far more empathetic to actors who complain about how hard the work is. It is! You can see some screencaps from the shoot sprinkled throughout this newsletter.
- We’ve been so blessed to have the growing support of friends to participate in our video. Here are some of the people who have expressed interest and/or commitment to be in our video:
- Kevin Kim (Menlo Park Pres)
- Francis Chan (City Impact, author Crazy Love)
- Jeannie Mai (TV personality, fashion expert)
- Freddy Harteis (TV personality, host Hollywood Hunter)
- Jeremy Lin (NBA star)
- Derrick Jackson (Pastor, Life Covenant Church)
- Adam Edgerly (Pastor, Newsong LA)
- Skye Jethani (Pastor, editor, speaker, author of With)
- Craig Groeschel (Pastor, Lifechurch.tv)
- MC Jin has kindly given us permission to use his song “Open Arms” for the video
- Jeff will be drawing til his fingers cramp, and then draw more. We will have animated portions for the video to show our story as well as showcase the level of polish and production values people can expect from our products
- Updating our Noah’s Weather app which will be released in conjunction with the kickstarter campaign
- Finalizing editor and editing the footage we’ve shot
How can you help?
Your continued prayers and support are very much appreciated! Specific areas we could use your help this week are:
- We are working on tight timelines. Please pray that God’s hand will be moving through all of this. There’s a lot to get done, and the only way that it will get done is by His grace, not our efforts!
- We are talking to a few editors, but schedules and budget (read: we’re looking for free labor if possible) aren’t yet aligned. Please pray that we can find a good editor that is willing to pitch in to help us out. If you know of one, please email me!
- If you have agreed to be a part of the video, but have not yet submitted it yet, please do so and mail it to email@example.com!
My name is ____________
I want to live each day
In His presence.
Depending on Him alone. He’s my daily bread.”
I am a Mannanite!
- Feel free to adlib and make it your own. All we ask is that everyone say “I am a Mannanite!”
- If you are shooting with your iPhone, please shoot in landscape mode
- If you know of others you think would be a great fit for our video that we should reach out to, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to get as many people as we can to be a part of getting the word out!
Once again, we are so grateful for your prayers and support. Please feel free to email me with any questions you might have!!
Team Deep Fried Manna